Did you hear the Arkansas Princess utter those words this past week? Did you laugh or gag? I choked and had a really nice Merlot come out my nose. Talk about a rush!
Hillary Clinton has lied more than any other presidential candidate going back to the 1800’s. That’s a distinction she can claim as a legacy. Steve Hayes, who is a senior writer for the Weekly Standard, and also appears on Special Report’s panel of “experts” from time to time on Fox News Channel, came out with a very interesting piece in the October 19th edition of the Weekly Standard.
In it he outlines Hillary’s lies:
- Hillary claims she turned over to the State Department all work-related emails. This turned out to be a lie. Many emails have been found by looking into other folks email folders…and no…Hillary didn’t turn over all work related emails. Not by a long shot.
- She said that the State Department “requested” the emails be turned over, and that it was a routine request that all upper level managers go through. Wrong. They “request” came because they found out she had a private server.
- Hillary said she never received a subpoena from the Benghazi Select Committee. Oops. Committee chair Trey Gowdy produced a copy of the subpoena showing she had received it.
- She said she only used one email device. Let’s see…there was a tablet. There was a Blackberry. There was an IPhone. How does that count as “one email device”?
- Hillary said that she withheld her “private emails” because it included personal emails with Bill Clinton. Sorry…not even close. We learned that Bill has only sent two emails in his life, and that was back when he was president. Nice try, though!
- She said she never sent classified email on her private email server. Oops. Those independent investigators looking into this whole mess have found about 450 “classified” emails.
- Hillary said that everything she did in regards to her email was allowed. Nope. She knowingly violated Obama’s record retention requirements, and the chief transparency officer at the State Department said this wasn’t acceptable.
- She claimed that all of Sidney Blumenthal’s emails to her were unsolicited. But when they check HIS emails, they found she was always asking for more information.
I mean, those are just eight examples…and again, the article by Steve Hayes in the 10/19 issue of the Weekly Standard is definitely worth a read…there’s a lot more there than just her lies.
So, what does this tell us about Hillary Clinton? She will say and do anything to get elected president. There isn’t anything that is beyond the pale when it comes to her reaching her goal. Of course, it will be interesting to see if she can actually WIN the nomination, or if the FBI is going to be knocking on her door in Chappaqua before next July to ask her “down to the station” where she’ll be detained until prosecution can be arranged.
Carry on world…you’re dismissed!