As 2015 ends, I’m reminded of the fact it probably should have been called the “Year of the Lie”. There were so many of them, by so many politicians, it’s become a national pastime just to keep up with them. Yet, in no particular order, here is the official list of Lies Of The Year:
1. “I never received or sent classified email on my home server” said by Hillary Clinton on March 10th at the United Nations. Of course, this was a lie. Hillary knew it was a lie when she said it. She tweaked it a little to include the phrase “at the time it was received or sent” hoping that would lend some truth to the situation. It didn’t. Yes, State Department officials classified a lot of material on her server (over 1,000 emails were deemed classified…most after the fact), but any politician in Washington knows what material is classified and what material is not. They are drilled on that before they ever receive clearance. Hillary lied.
2. “The Keystone XL Pipeline bypasses the United States” said by Barack Obama. The Obama administration (including Hillary Clinton as Sec’y of State), tried to punt this football as far away from any election as they could. Unions wanted the project, environmentalist wacko’s did not. And so, Obama tried to downplay it, saying it wasn’t going to bring nearly as many jobs as proponents had said, and that the pipeline itself would basically not be that big of a deal to the US. Wrong on all accounts, and he knew it.
3. “Climate change is directly related to the growth of terrorism” said by Bernie Sanders. Well, we have a problem here. In order to believe this lie, you have to believe that these people struggle more in the Middle East just to survive because the weather gets hotter and they get more uncomfortable and so they want to kill Americans because of it. It has nothing to do with religion; it has to do with their comfort level. It’s about as big a lie as global warming and climate change being man-made.
4. “Ninety percent of my emails were already in the State Department system” said by Hillary Clinton. She knows down deep that she has a nipple in the wringer. Yeah, it’s gotta hurt. And she’s trying everything she can to make this not a big deal. It IS a big deal. She was stupid for thinking she could ever get away with it. And, as we’ve learned from Hillary, when she gets backed into a corner, she lies like there’s no tomorrow. She doesn’t care how believable or outrageous it is. Truth is, her emails weren’t in the State Department system, and they have no way of knowing what percentage is in their system.
5. Planned Parenthood “is the health care backbone for American women during their lives. In fact, it is the only health care that a significant number of women get. About 30 percent of women, that’s their health care.” Said by Harry Reid, minority leader in the US Senate. Actually, Planned Parenthood isn’t the backbone for American women…and no, 30% of women don’t get their healthcare through it. Even if you use Planned Parenthood’s own numbers it’s 20%. Once again, just like Harry Reid accusing Mitt Romney of not paying taxes, he lies again.
6. “129 million people who could have otherwise been denied or faced discrimination now have access to coverage.” Said by Barack Obama. 129 million people? Really? Then why have less than 10 million signed up for Obamacare? By the way…129 million people is about 40% of the population of the US. Nobody (not even Obama) ever claimed a number higher than 11 million uninsured. And, as all of us have learned, having “access” to healthcare coverage is not the same as actually seeing a doctor.
7. “ISIS is a JV team” said by Barack Obama. Another whopper of a lie. Of course, if it IS true, then the US is getting their asses kicked by a JV team. And it’s not the military’s fault…it’s the fact that the commander-in-chief isn’t capable of waging a war against anybody, much less a “JV team of terrorists”. Nice try Bobo.
Carry on world…you’re dismissed!